Firstly, thank you for at least thinking about giving me a testimonial for one of my programs.
You may be concerned about giving a good testimonial, but if you go through the steps below and try your best to answer each question, you will have a powerful testimonial that’ll greatly help me. I’m going to this length, instead of just asking you to send me an email, because many people have sent me unusable testimonials. They are vague, general, and have no real emotions, such as this one: “Thanks for the great program Josh”. As I mention in my Communication Secrets of Powerful People program, specific details conquer general statements.
A sample testimonial is provided below for your convenience to give you an idea of what yours could look like:
Josh, before your help I’d criticize and threaten people when they didn’t do what I asked. I repeatedly told my son when he was suppose to do housework that his attitude isn’t acceptable and that I’ll ground him for the week if he didn’t do the work.
Recently, I was just about to order my son to mow the lawn and respect me when I realized what I’ve learned and that forcing him to do what I want creates resistance and resentment. Instead, I asked the four questions you taught me to ask myself when thinking about giving criticism. The result? He not only mowed the lawn, but a week later after I used several other skills he said, “I love you”. That’s the first time he’s said that to me for over 5 years!
I cannot wait to reread the book to mine more gold from your practical advice. Anyone who feels misunderstood or frustrated with their family and is thinking about getting the course must get their copy. Thank you Joshua.
Use the above sample and following steps as guidance to write a testimonial:
- Your past problems. Where were you before? For the example above, the relevant background is how the man complained about his son’s attitude and sought verbal respect. Talk about yourself, your family, or another area in your life most relevant to the information taught in the program. Be specific. Describe what life was like before the program. Describe the problems you had in the past that are now better even if they are not completely solved.
- What you learned. Specifically describe what stood out for you about the program or what tips changed how you solved your problem.
- Your result. What outcome did you get from doing the course? Again, be specific. The man’s result in the example was getting his son to mow the lawn and hearing the words “I love you”.
- (Optional.) Who would you recommend this product to and why? Who do you think the program will help? What do you have to say to someone thinking about getting the program?
- (Optional.) Are you able to include a head shot photo or an audio or video recording of the testimonial? These are proof elements that add personality and credibility to your testimonial. Because pictures, audio recordings, and video files can be large, please upload them to 2Shared.com then send me the URL(s) they give you in the form below.
Feel free to write as much as you want – I won’t mind 😉 . Save what you write to your computer because computer problems happen and you may get disconnected from the Internet. Fill in your first and last name, your email, and your testimonial below:
Please note your privacy is my priority. If there are details you want to keep private, say what you want kept private in the testimonial. Your email will only be used so I can contact you about the testimonial.
I may slightly alter the testimonial to correct things like grammar because English may not be your first language. You can contact me via the website if you have any questions about submitting a testimonial.
Thank you in advance for your testimonial. I’ll be in touch with you soon.
Joshua Uebergang aka “Tower of Power”